Introduction to Deep Learning
This is a great introduction to Deep Learning. I know I learned a few things from Phillip.
Some key concepts
- RapidMiner now can do GPU deep learning. Supports NVIDIA.
- Easy: Using already loaded Neural Net operators.
- Harder: Using H20.ai Deep Learning operator.
- Hardest: Using Keras with RapidMiner.
- Keras requires more complex setup with RapidMiner.
- CNN, RNN, LSTM, etc are now available via RapidMiner GUI.
- Keras supports Tensorflow, CNTK, and Theano.
- Need Python v3.5 (see installation guide here).
- ‘Deep’ discussion on Recurrent and Covolutional.
Here’s a nice graphic from KD Nuggets on some basic activation functions. These activiation functions are what switch a neuron on or off in a neural net model.
Posted on 16/10/2017 #RapidMiner #Keras #Deep Learning #Machine Learning