My life is extremely busy these days and I've gotten my "trading" down to about 30 minutes every morning, before the market opens. Unless I initiate a new position, my daily trading routine is as follows:
- Download End of Day (EOD) closing data into my trading worksheet. (5 minutes)
- Run my strategy through the data (my worksheet does this automatically via Excel Macros) (<1 minute)
- See which positions I need to move my stops up in. (<1 minute)
- Log into my trading account and move my stops (10 minute)
- Post on Twitter which symbols I'm moving my stops up on (2 minutes)
- Scan of all-time highs (<1 minute)
- Look through the charts of the new all-time highs (10 minutes)
- Place candidates on my stock watch list (5 minutes)
Time spent is about 30 minutes every morning. If I initiate a new position, I'll either place a market order for the open or wait till after 10AM to make a buy and place a stop. That adds another 5 minutes to my routine.
Have a good weekend all!
From around the Social Web!
Want to leave a comment?
If you want to give me some feedback on this post, please contact me
via email or on Twitter