Description: In this post I review how traffic in August 2016 stacked up against August 2015
This post on rebuilding a blog is continuation of my previous post.
My new SEO strategy is starting to pay off and I owe it all to tweaking the Blot.IM templates. I spent time changing the templates for better metadata and tag handling, and it appears to be working. The biggest results is that my bounce rate has dropped massively.
I’ve also added in some goal metrics which I’ll review next month, but I’m tracking how readers navigate through my blog. I want to know if they’re getting hung up on some things and using the tags.
##August 2015 vs August 2016
For this post I wanted to evaluate August 2016’s traffic to August 2015 traffic. The screenshot below shows some improvement but also some more work that needs to be done.
The Good News
The good news is that I have more sessions, users and % new sessions than last year. Coupled with a really great drop in bounce rate, I think this was a big win for me and this blog.
The Bad News
The bad news is that my pageviews, pages per session and average session duration is down. However, it’s still NOT that bad considering that visitors look at 3 pages per session and spend an average of over 2 minutes on my site. That’s pretty high engagement!
My next steps is to work on increasing the pageviews and pages per session numbers.