This is a short by great video of Julia in production with Domo.
I really like Julia. A lot.
Notes from the video:
- Java backend, some C++ and some Go
- Want to be scale analytics
- Julia iterates quickly
- Math and Statistics are right there, easy accessible
- Uses Resources.jl, Events.jl to Service.jl to Mapper.jl
- All analytics done at the Service.jl layer
- Wrapped up via Docker (this is pretty cool)
- Includes all dependencies on docker image, great way to upgrade everything in one spot
- Deploy into Kubernetes environment OR cloud instance
- Open sourced config handling, context setting/handling, and process data-sharing